Photos from the Emerson-Garfield Farmers’ Market 2013 Season Finale
The Emerson-Garfield Farmers’ Market held the last market of its inaugural season on October 18, 2013. Check out the photos (snapped by Megan Kennedy) below.
Familiar and first-time shoppers flocked to the market to stock up on items from their favorite vendors, enjoy some fresh-pressed apple cider from our hand-cranked cider press, and take part in the free prize drawing. The more prizes we gave away, the more vendors donated right on the spot! In the end, lucky winners went home with:
- A one-month membership to Crossfit Dūrātus
- A deluxe gift set from Orange Thyme and Rocky River Soap Co. (plus a 30-minute massage from Jennifer Michelle Massage)
- A barbecue variety pack from Howling Wolf Sauces (plus a $10 gift certificate from the Bistro Box)
- Exclusive coffees from Chairs Coffee and Balboa Montessori
- Handmade caramels and honey from Petunia’s Marketplace
- Fresh-baked bread from Pleasant Prairie Farms
- Needlepoint from Mary Beauregard, a book donated by “Steel” Orr, and a giant squash from JJ Goats
- Smoked salmon from Old Harbor Sustainable Seafoods
- … and hand-knitted purse from Rebecca Mincks
The most frequently asked question throughout the event was: “When will the market start next year?” We don’t have a specific answer to that yet, but you can count on sometime around early June. Keep an eye on our blog, our Facebook page or our Twitter feed to be alerted of specific dates.
Thanks again to all our sponsors, volunteers, vendors, musicians, and patrons for a fantastic first season!