The Fulcrum Institute‘s Ash Street Workforce Training Station (1925 N Ash) here in Emerson-Garfield is offering another valuable series of construction pre-apprenticeship training programs in partnership with the Associated General Contractors.
This program is ideal for anyone who is considering a career in the construction industry and wants an opportunity for a head start. The registration fee is just $25.
The course topics include:
- Career guide to carpentry, plumbing, electrical, masonry, HVAC, welding, heavy equipment, ironwork, residential
- OSHA 10 certification
- Hand and power tools
- First aid/CPR with AED certification
- Construction math
- Intro to signaling and rigging
- Material handling and forklift certification
- Work concepts
- Communication skills
- Hands-on practice
The two upcoming sessions will run from:
- July 11 to 28, 8am to 4pm, Monday through Thursday
- August 1 to 18, 8am to 4pm, Monday through Thursday
Call (509) 795-8699 to register or inquire about available scholarships.