There will be a meeting for the new Building Stronger Neighborhoods Committee on Monday, February 25.
This year’s top goal for the Building Stronger Neighborhoods Committee is to attract and retain membership in the neighborhoods program. At the upcoming meeting we will discuss the responsibilities of the Chair, Vice Chair, and Secretary and tentatively hold elections. If you aren’t interested but know of someone who might be, please forward this information and let potential candidates know about the upcoming meeting.
Here’s what’s on the agenda:
- Meet & Eats Plan for 2013
- Recap of the January 30 event that was hosted in Chief Gary Park
- Discuss template for helping Neighborhood Councils host M&E events
- Schedule Meet & Eats for at least the next 3 months
- Trainings Plan for 2013
- Discuss working with COPS to training for Neighborhood Night Out Against Crime events
- Plan out the first 6 months of 2013 trainings
- Follow-Up on District 81 Program
- Discuss which neighborhoods have been contacted
- Discuss elections
- Nominations for Chair, Vice Chair, Secretary Position
- If time permits and there are nominations, take a vote on each position
The Building Stronger Neighborhoods Committee is a subcommittee of the Community Assembly. It works to provide training and resources to neighborhoods to increase participation, identify and meet neighborhood needs, and build capacity. The committee meets monthly and works directly with the Community Assembly and neighborhood chairs to set annual goals and work plan.
The meeting on February 25 will run from 11:30am to 12:30pm and will be held at Fire Station 4, which is located at 1515 W. 1st Ave [map] outside of Browne’s Addition (accessible by STA bus routes #20, #60, #61).