Just a final reminder that our annual Spring Cleanup is this Saturday (May 20) from 9am to 12:30pm, rain or shine. If you live here in Emerson-Garfield, you should have received a postcard in the mail recently with all the details.
Spring Cleanup is your chance to clear out all the junk from your attic, garage, alley, basement, yard, closets or wherever else it might have been accumulating over the winter. All you need to do is pack it up into a car, truck, van or trailer, then haul it up to the parking lot of Faith Bible Church (600 W Cora). Volunteers will then direct you to the dumpster and help you toss it. You can make as many runs as you like — there’s no limit.
A couple of things to bear in mind:
- You’ll need ID to show that you live in the neighborhood. Here’s a map of the neighborhood boundaries.
- Please break up large items such as furniture. Everything has to be heaved over the dumpster wall.
- Only bring ordinary household waste. That means no drywall, concrete, nail-embedded wood or hazardous waste (e.g., paint, oil, turpentine).
- The Salvation Army eCycle van will be there to collect your old computers, VCRs, TVs, telephones and other consumer electronics.
- We’ll gladly recycle mostly-metal items like microwaves, water heaters and even lawnmowers. But please drain them of oil and other fluids first!
If you’ve got questions about Spring Cleanup or would like to volunteer to help, please call Karl at (509) 325-3031.
And if RSVP’ing on Facebook is your thing, please head over to the event page to indicate you’re going and share it with your neighbors.