Building Dreams is a really fun and worthwhile concept. It began last year as Project Playhouse Spokane, whereby members of the Spokane Home Builders Association designed, built and donated twelve children’s playhouses. The money that was raised at auction on these playhouses helped to fund youth programs at the WCCC and other community centers around Spokane.
This year they’ve changed the name and expanded the auction to include doghouses, playhouses, dollhouses, outdoor structures, and other great designs. And once again the money will support the programs at these valuable community centers.
A preview of one of this year’s playhouses is pictured below. It’s a sheriff’s office — complete with a solar panel and lights, wanted posters, and a working jail cell.
Tickets for this event are $40 each or $400 per table. Click here to be whisked away to the purchase page.
But you don’t have to buy an event ticket to take part! Instead you can enter to win the sheriff’s office playhouse pictured above by purchasing a raffle ticket for just $1 at the following area Rosauers:
- Tuesday, April 22, 10am to 2pm – Rosauers on the South Hill (2610 E 29th)
- Wednesday, April 23, 10am to 2pm – Rosauers at 5 Mile (1724 W Francis)
- Thursday, April 24, 10am to 2pm – Rosauers at the Y (9414 N Division)
- Friday, April 25, 10am to 2pm – Rosauers at Browne’s Addition (1808 W 3rd)
Raffle tickets are also available at:
- West Central Community Center: (509) 326-9540
- Northeast Youth Center (3004 E Queen): (509) 482-0708
- Peaceful Valley Community Center (214 N Cedar): (509) 624-8634
Building Dreams’ partners to date include Councilmen Salvatori, Allen and Fagan, the Spokane Home Builders Association, Rosauers Supermarkets, The Spokesman-Review, Fox 28, the Kalispel Tribe, Avista, Baker Construction, Beacon Hill Events, Bozzi Media, CH2M Hill, Pearson Packaging Systems, Red Lion Hotels, Zak! Designs and Sterling Bank.
This year Jeff Philipps, President and CEO of Rosauers Supermarkets, will be receiving the first annual “Dream Builder” Award.